Mar. 16, 2025
Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImageA 65-year-old man fell two stories from a building while on the set ofTom Hanks‘ untitledMr. Rogers filmin Pennsylvania.The man, who has not been identified, was a crew member of Hanks’ upcoming film, PEOPLE confirms. Mt. Lebanon Chief of Police Aaron Lauth tells PEOPLE the production member was “taking a break” when he collapsed and fell from the balcony of the building.“Basically, he appears to have suffered from a medical emergency while on the balcony,” Lauth says.
Mar. 16, 2025
A crew member on the set ofAnne Hathaway‘sThe Witcheswas rushed to the hospital after being stabbed.
The incident took place at Warner Bros. Studios in the U.K. on Wednesday, according to theHertfordshireMercury.The set is next door toThe Making of Harry Potterstudio tour and is currently the set for the remake of the Roald Dahl classic starring Hathaway, 36,Octavia SpencerandChris Rock.
“I can confirm that there was an isolated workplace incident at the Warner Bros.
Mar. 16, 2025
Afghanistan.Photo: Senior Airman Taylor Crul/U.S. Air Force via AP
The view of the airport tarmac littered with destroyed equipment — set against a night sky glowing with sporadic gunfire — was altogether “apocalyptic.” That’s how Air Force Lt. Col. Braden Coleman described the scene as the U.S. made its final flights out of Kabul earlier this week, with Colemantelling the Associated Pressthat the view was like the scenes of aftermath in a horror movie.
Mar. 16, 2025
The statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee being removed from its pedestal.Photo: Bob Brown - Pool/Getty
The search for a more thancentury-old time capsulethat was said to be buried underneath a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Richmond, Virginia, has been called off after crews were unable to find it following the sculpture’s removal.
According to theAssociated Press, the workers spent 12 hours on Thursday trying to find the time capsule, which is believed to have been buried in the statue’s granite pedestal in 1887.
Mar. 16, 2025
Crews remain hopeful as they continue to search for theTitan, a submersible carrying five passengers that disappeared in the Atlantic on Sunday.During a press conference in Boston on Wednesday, United States Coast Guard Captain Jamie Frederick confirmedprevious reportsthat suggested a Canadian P-3 “detected underwater noises” while searching the area.Frederick said “several P-3 flights heard noises” in the area, but that an initial ROV search of the area “yielded negative results.”But crews are not giving up in their search for the missing submersible, which likely hasless than 24 hoursof breathable oxygen left.